Finally the government has taken steps to stop the incessant rocket fire on southern Israel. Already this year close to 900 rockets have been fired. that is an average rate of 3 per day.
The main goals of this operation are :-
1) The goal of Israel’s operation is clearly defined and is aimed at removing a strategic threat to Israeli citizens. Israel is not interested in a deterioration of the situation.
2) Israel has demonstrated great restrain for a long period but cannot stand for the recurring attacks on its citizens. No other state would accept a similar reality.
3) Israel is acting in self-defense and out of its duty to protect its civilians from terrorist attacks.
4) Hamas rules the Gaza Strip and is responsible for all that occurs in Gaza and all that is launched from there.
5) It must be noted that Israel disengaged completely from the Gaza Strip in 2005. The result of Israel’s disengagement is that Gaza has become a giant ammunition dump. In addition, it provides a breeding ground for terrorist groups to organize and to operate, including groups associated with al-Qaeda and Global Jihad. All this under the rule, responsibility and sponsorship of Hamas.
6) Weapons smuggled from Libya, Iran and Sudan accelerated the process of Gaza turning into a terror base. These weapons also increased the danger posed to the Israeli population.
7) Hamas and the other terrorist organizations hide among the civilian population of Gaza. They also deliberately direct their fire at the civilian population of Israel. These acts constitute a double war crime.
8) The targets of the Israeli operation are all military. Israel will make every effort to prevent harm to the civilian population of Gaza, and regrets any injury to civilians.
9) e border crossings from Israel to the Gaza Strip remain open, allowing for the routine passage of goods and humanitarian aid.
0) The international community must act to stop the attacks on Israel from the Gaza Strip and should not wait for an Israeli reaction to act. Time and again, Israel has warned that it would not tolerate these attacks.
See in the video below the pinpoint accuracy of the targetting of Ahmed al-Jabari and the minimum collateral damage.
And now HAMAS is looking to escalate the conflict further as we see in the video below the Farj-5 missiles being loaded into and underground launch site. These missiles are capable of reaching Tel Aviv.