Wednesday, June 30, 2021
For more than a decade, scientists have dreamed about the seemingly endless possibilities of messenger RNA (mRNA).
Now, the world is likely to have two anti-coronavirus vaccines based on mRNA technology to help slow the aggressive pandemic that has killed 1.4 million people.
In Israel, researchers at Tel Aviv University are using a similar technology as Pfizer and Moderna to target cancer cells and genetically neutralize them, increasing overall survival rate.
“Cancer genes are responsible for the proliferation of cancer cells,” Peer said. “We want to cut those genes, so that they will not be active anymore and they will destroy the cancer cells forever.”
But he said that the challenge has been to deliver those “scissors” into the right cells without touching healthy cells – “you don’t want to edit the genome of a healthy cell and kill it.”
In this most recent experiment, the research team targeted two types of cancer: glioblastoma, the most aggressive type of brain cancer, with a life expectancy of 15 months since diagnosis and a five-year survival rate of only 3%; and metastatic ovarian cancer, a major cause of death among women and the most lethal cancer of the female reproductive system.
The researchers demonstrated that a single treatment doubled the average life expectancy of mice with glioblastoma tumors, improving their overall survival rate by about 30%. At the same time, it increased overall survival rate by 80% in a metastatic ovarian cancer mice model.
“It must be emphasized that this is not chemotherapy. There are no side effects, and a cancer cell treated in this way will never become active again. The molecular scissors of Cas9 cut the cancer cell’s DNA, thereby neutralizing it and permanently preventing replication.”
Cancer research is still in its infancy. However, “by demonstrating its potential in treating two aggressive cancers, the technology opens numerous new possibilities for treating other types of cancer as well as rare genetic diseases and chronic viral diseases such as AIDS.”
Human trials are expected to start within the next 18 months to three years.
For more on this story read here .
Tuesday, June 22, 2021
Students at a Palestinian Authority school, funded by the European Union and an Italian NGO, have put on display an exhibition that erases Israel from the map and celebrates the rockets recently fired by the Hamas at Israel during Operation Guardian of the Walls last month, reported Palestinian Media Watch.
Photographs of the exhibition posted by Fatah’s Nablus branch on Facebook last week show a poster featuring a rocket next to a map of "Palestine" which included all of Israel.The rocket has “Ayyash 250” written on it, in reference to one of the 4,300 rockets Hamas and other Gaza-based terrorists fired at Israel’s population in May, while the map was painted in the colors of the Palestinian flag, stretching from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean Sea.
Monday, June 21, 2021
Khaled Abu Toameh • June 21, 2021
- Abbas appears to be emboldened by the Biden administration's decision to resume unconditional financial aid to the Palestinians. This no-strings-attached money is being supplied without even a stipulation that the PA put an end to human rights violations and assaults on public freedoms.
- Lawyers for Justice said in a separate statement ... that the forms of torture in the PA-controlled Jericho Prison included hanging detainees from the ceilings, beatings and verbal abuse... and electric shocks.
- "The Future List calls on all electoral lists approved by the Central Elections Committee, all human rights bodies and all honorable people of this country to form a united front to confront the arbitrary political arrests that aim to silence every free voice that rises in the face of tyranny and corruption practiced by the Palestinian Authority." — The Future List, Shfanews.com, May 26, 2021.
- It seems clear that the diplomats care little if the PA is arresting, torturing and intimidating social media users and political activists.
- These diplomats and Western journalists do raise their voices -- and loudly -- when they have something damning to say about Israel. The silence of the international community and the Biden administration's blind and unqualified support for the PA only encourage the Palestinian leadership to step up its repressive measures against Palestinians.
- When Palestinians despair of any improvement in the PA leadership, they move towards Hamas and other terrorist groups that are seen by many Palestinians as a better alternative to Abbas and his Fatah faction.
• It is hardly surprising, then, that the most recent public opinion poll showed a dramatic surge in the popularity of Hamas among Palestinians. What should be surprising -- and disturbing -- is that the Western world is directly aiding and abetting this bloody shift of allegiance.
Wednesday, June 16, 2021
There was yet one more action
incited by Hamas, an action of serious –
and yes, very infuriating – dimensions:
There were incendiary
balloons launched into southern Israel – with
fires ignited on farmland and fields.
This vile destruction arouses
very justifiable anger. There was one balloon
carrying an explosive device, as well.
And here the situation is
more serious. For after the recent war with Hamas,
Netanyahu warned that we were entering a new time: no level of aggression
would go unanswered. Not even incendiary balloons. Gantz – who
was Defense Minister then and is now – said that Israel would respond
forcefully to any act of aggression. And Bennett is on record as well
regarding the necessity of treating incendiary balloons like rockets.
Thursday, June 10, 2021
In recent months, Israeli security forces intercepted thousands of packages en route to the Gaza Strip containing items that can be used for terrorism, Israeli authorities revealed Wednesday.
The equipment included drones, radios, frequency jammers and listening equipment.
The equipment was captured at the Beituniya crossing near Hebron, the only checkpoint for the transfer of mail between Israel, Judea and Samaria, the Gaza Strip, and abroad.
So much for efforts to promote "Peace"
Tuesday, June 8, 2021
On May 28, 2021, the front page of the New York Times published pictures of children and adolescents killed in the Gaza Strip and Israel during Operation Guardian of the Walls with the headline, "They Were Just Children." The Times listed the names of 67 children under the age of 17 who were killed, two in Israel and 65 in the Gaza Strip.
York Times as a 17 year-old boy, was found to be a 20 year-old terrorist operative. He
was killed on May 13, 2021, in an aerial attack on a Palestinian terrorist squad near Beit
Hanoun in the northern Gaza Strip. The Mujahedeen Brigades, the military-terrorist wing of the Mujahedeen Movement, whose leadership split from Fatah and are today allied with the Palestinian Islamic Jihad and close to Iran, issued a mourning notice stating he was an organization operative and 20 years old (Mujahedeen Brigades' Telegram channel, May 13, 2021).
organization rockets that misfired and fell inside the Gaza Strip on May 10, 2021:
Baraa al-Ghrabi, 4, from Jabalia.
Ibrahim Hassanein, 16, from Beit Hanoun.
Mustafa al-Abir, 17, from Beit Hanoun.
Hussein Hamad, 11, from Beit Hanoun.
Yazen al-Masri, 2, from Beit Hanoun.
Marwan al-Masri, 7 from Beit Hanoun.
Ibrahim al-Masri, 11, from Beit Hanoun.
Rahaf Muhammad Atallah al-Masri, 10, from Beit Hanoun.
children were either on site or nearby. Some were related to terrorist operatives who or
whose houses were the targets of IDF anti-terrorist attacks. Some were killed when two
buildings collapsed after the IDF attacked terrorist tunnels close to their foundations. Hamas used the tunnels as command centers, to store weapons and as hidden passageways for operatives to move between posts.
civilians in general and children in particular, Hamas' tactic of positioning its command
centers in the heart of densely populated areas led directly to the unfortunate deaths of
more than 50 children. At least 120 non-combatants (including the children) and 111 terrorist operatives from the various organizations were killed in the IDF strikes.
bureau in the Gaza Strip, admitted that positioning the terrorist headquarters in civilian
structures was "problematic," and by implication led to civilian casualties (al-Jazeera,
June 5, 2021)
Tuesday, June 1, 2021
The Palestinian men were throwing stones across
the border in Israel. The soldier fired a shot in the
air to disperse the crowd away from fence. The
crowd retreated but pushed the girl towards the
fence take a video shot from other side to publish
it in news that Israeli soldiers confronting a little girl.
But my teammate he saw the girl was scared and
instead of running back she ran towards the soldier
she was bleeding and bruised. The soldier offered
her water then called the paramedics to treat her
wounds. We are taking care of her at our local hospital.
We announced on loudspeaker later on so that the father
can come and take his girl. We are still waiting her parents
to contact us.