Monday, June 30, 2008

Haifa in the Forefront of Regional Cooperation

in Viruses, rabid animals and bacterial infections do not recognize political borders. Now yet again representatives from Israel, Jordan and the the Palestinian Authority will monitor infectious diseases with a system developed at the IBM lab in Haifa in a unique collaboration for "no-boundaries" public health information sharing.

The resulting ability to easily share secure health information will improve the quality of patient care, public health and safety, according to IBM. See full article at
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1214492526884&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

IBM claim that this project has "solidified overall cooperation amongst the participating countries."

Once again Haifa is in the forefront of tomorrow's technologies and sharing everything with its regional partners. However, like most positive news about Israel, editors of the TV and the press never pick up on these stories.

With other joint projects concerned with water at the Haifa Technion regional interests take precedence over the politcal ones.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not even know how I stopped up here, but I thought this put up used to be great. I do not recognise who you're but certainly you're going to a well-known blogger should you aren't already ;) Cheers! cheap auto insurance

Anonymous said...

Hi! I really liked your forum, especially this section. I just signed up and immediately decided to introduce myself, if I'm wrong section, ask the moderators to move the topic to the right place, hopefully it will take me well... My name is Anri, me 34 years, humourist and serious man in one person. Ssory for my English.