Saturday, November 23, 2013

Terror in Judea and Samaria

Last week, Shoval, a combat photographer for the IDF travelling in Samaria reports
I saw my life flash before my eyes, and felt the terrible fear of dying.
I was traveling on a road in Samaria. A bus full of children returning from school came down the opposite lane. Suddenly, out of nowhere, I saw a firebomb fly directly at the bus. I blinked and saw in my mind one of those horrifying images of an exploded bus you see in the newspaper, only this time it was right there in front of me.

When I opened my eyes, I breathed a sigh of relief. I didn’t know if it was luck or something else, but the firebomb missed the bus, flying right over it.
One split second later, that sigh of calm turned into one of the most fearful moments of my life. The bomb was now heading towards me! I can’t explain how that felt in words – those few milliseconds felt like an eternity. I managed to step on the accelerator of my vehicle and the bomb landed in a bush a few meters away from me.

I sped up and drove to a military position at a nearby crossing, and alerted the soldiers to what had happened. They quickly returned with their commanding officer to the scene of the crime to catch the terrorist. We heard on the radio that another IDF force had already arrived there.

The saddest part of this attack is that this truly non-trivial event has become a dangerous routine. Israeli civilians in Judea and Samaria suffer from attacks like this daily, attacks which the media deem insignificant. After living through this experience today, I feel the importance of being there, as a soldier, even more strongly.”


Terrorists have committed dozens and dozens of firebomb attacks this year across Judea and Samaria. When a terrorist throws a firebomb, he immediately puts lives at risk. Unfortunately, Shoval’s story is just one of many. Share this testimony and show the world the true face of the constant terror attacks that go unreported in Judea and Samaria.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No country and government anywhere in this planet would put up with this terrorism. Why does Israel put up with it? One cannot bring up each and every attack to the U.N., the U.N. would consider it to be trivial. Why not retaliate each attach with a rocket that came from the same direction ... for each rocket, immediate retaliation. As long as there is not retaliation for these 'insignificant' attacks, they will no doubt continue ... forever and forever. Retaliation for each attack immediately may be the only solution.

Catwoman said...

Yeah, and then the world will complain, "Overreaction!" Seems like a lose-lose situation. The Palestinians don't seem to realize that they're only hurting themselves in the long run. Sad.

Catwoman said...

Yeah, and then the world will complain, "Overreaction!" Seems like a lose-lose situation. The Palestinians don't seem to realize they're only hurting themselves in the long run. Sad.