Monday, August 22, 2011

Don't Bother Me with Facts !!

I always try to talk or write about Israel on the basis of facts, even though for some people these facts disturb their personal agenda. One correspondent, who entered into an e-mail discussion with me on the subject of allocation of water between Israel and the Palestinians, finally ended the discussion by telling me that “I can’t discuss this issue with you any further, you are always quoting me facts!!”

A friend who I recently had contact with has put this problem in verse, which I would like to share with you.

The Simple Facts

The TV needs action and papers must sell
But just simple facts send the ratings to hell

So they pick up the pictures of ravers and ranters
And print all the words of the slogans and chanters.

Like “Zionism is racism” and “genocidal” –
Give the ranters their due, they’ve been far from idle.

Their words are repeated for print and TV
But the facts that belie them, we’ve yet to see.

So there must be many who patiently wait…
For the simple facts to set the record straight.

No comments: