Thursday, December 27, 2007

This is the Reality of Haifa

This weekend sees the end of the month long “Holiday of Holidays” festival here in Haifa, In such a multicultural city as Haifa all events and festivals in all religions are celebrated.

The “Holiday of Holidays” festival marks the co-existence of Hannukah, Christmas and the Festival of Sacrifice, Eid al-Adha. http://www.tour-haifa.co.il/eng/modules/news/article.php?storyid=48

The central feature of the festival held in the neighbourhood of Wadi Nisnas is a handicrafts exhibition dedicated to the works of the women of all cultures

In addition there street parades, stage shows, exhibitions, an antiques fair and an arts fair; in fact smething for everyone.

A formal cultural evening for Eid al Adha and Christmas was also held In the presence of Mr. Raleb Majadlla – the Minister of Sports Culture and Science with and performers, dance groups and music.


Although Wadi Nisnas is one of the main multicultural neighbourhoods in the city, Kababir is a neighbourhood well integrated within the city of Haifa, close to the Mercaz ha Carmel (the Carmel Center), which is inhabited by Muslim residents of the city who belong to the Ahmadiya sect. The Mahmoud Mosque is situated in the center of the neighbourhood.

This is the reality of Haifa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always used to read post in news papers but now as I am a
user of web so from now I am using net for posts, thanks to web.

Anonymous said...

Hello i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anywhere,
when i read this post i thought i could also make comment due to this brilliant
piece of writing.

Anonymous said...

Very nice article, just what I wanted to find.

Anonymous said...

Hi, all is going perfectly here and ofcourse every one is sharing information, that's genuinely excellent, keep up writing.

Anonymous said...

Good day! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a group
of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in the same
niche. Your blog provided us useful information to work on. You have done a outstanding job!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it's truly informative.
I?m going to watch out for brussels. I will appreciate if you
continue this in future. Numerous people will be benefited from your writing.
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I am not sure where you are getting your information, but
good topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more.
Thanks for fantastic info I was looking for this information for my mission.

Anonymous said...

As soon as I detected this site I went on reddit to share
some of the love with them.

Anonymous said...

I am not sure where you are getting your info, but good topic.
I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more.
Thanks for excellent information I was looking for this information for my
mission.