The following are short sharp sound bytes that can be used in letters or conversations with friends, colleagues, etc
· Israel accepted the Egyptian brokered ceasefire, supported by the Arab League, but Hamas and Islamic Jihad rejected it.
· By rejecting the ceasefire and continuing to launch rockets at Israel, Hamas demonstrates once again that it is more interested in terror than in caring for the citizens of Gaza.
· Hamas is directly responsible for the continuing hostilities, and for the suffering caused to civilians on both sides.
· Hamas commits war crimes by using Gaza civilians as human shields and cynically puts their lives in grave danger. Hamas deliberately embeds its military operations deep within residential areas, in schools, mosques and hospitals.
· Hamas considers every man, woman and child in Israel a legitimate target.
· Israel does not consider the population of Gaza as enemies. Israel does the utmost to avoid harming uninvolved civilians and is acting solely to weaken Hamas terrorist infrastructure and safeguard our civilians.
· Israel's goal is to restore the quiet for its citizens while inflicting a significant blow on the terrorist organizations.
· No country in the world would sit idly by while its civilian population is subjected to terrorist rocket fire. Israel is no exception.
· There is no symmetry: "Israel uses missile defense to protect its civilians, while Hamas is using its civilians to protect its missiles" (PM Netanyahu).
· The international community must strongly condemn Hamas and the war crimes it is perpetrating in order to put an end to suffering on both sides.
· In 2005 Israel withdrew from Gaza to the last millimeter and every last settlement was removed, just as the international community demanded. It should now support Israel's campaign against Hamas.