· Israel has every right to defend itself and has the duty to protect its civilian population under attack according to international law
· Hamas bears responsibility for the escalation.
· Hamas and the terrorist organizations deliberately target Israeli civilians and cynically use Palestinian civilians as human shield, which is clearly against international law.
· There is clear evidence that Hamas is calling on Palestinian civilians to serve as human shields for its terrorist infrastructure.
· Hamas is similar to other extremist Islamist organizations such as ISIS and al-Qaeda.
· Israel showed great restraint during the past three weeks of continuous rocket fire from Gaza and made every attempt to avoid escalation, only to be met by further barrages.
· Israel is making every effort to avoid causing harm to genuine civilians, phoning them, texting them before an attack.
· Israel cannot tolerate a situation in which millions of its citizens are forced to live under a barrage of missiles.
· The main objective of the operation is to restore stability and quiet to the residents of Israel.
· Israel’s actions are measured and directed at the missile launchers and the terror infrastructure.
· Israel left the Gaza Strip completely in August 2005 and does not have any territorial claims there.
· There is no blockade of the Gaza Strip: goods enter and exit the Gaza Strip freely as long as Hamas rocket fire doesn’t prevent it.