Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Willingness to Help the Palestinians is NO Guarantee of Safety

A friend’s husband yesterday visited the man who lost his leg in the bulldozer attack on Tuesday.

The injured man was rushed to Shaare Zedek Hospital where his leg was amputated below the knee. The patient has said that he is determined that he will continue to lead a normal life, including participating in the sports that he loves.

The injured man gave the following report of the incident, the sting is in the last sentence.

"I was driving slowly on King David Street when I felt a large bump and knew some idiot had rear-ended my car. I got out to tear the driver off a strip when I saw a huge bulldozer hurtling straight for me. I knew immediately that this was a terror attack and that I had two choices, either to get back into the car or to run for the sidewalk; in that split second I chose the sidewalk. As the bulldozer shovel lifted my car the teeth caught my leg and I fell. I didn't lose consciousness and called my wife begging her to save me, then I called a friend who is an orthopaedic surgeon knowing I would need one. Little did I know at the time that the terrorist is a member of the Abu Tir family, several of whom I represented as their lawyer".

Such is the continued hatred being inculcated into generations of Palestinians through all academic institutions and the media. There is no planning for peace only non stop indoctrination on the need to eliminate Israel – so just how any peace agreement can be implemented beggars the imagination.

Incidentally, many years ago, the son of good friends of ours here in Haifa, felt very strongly for the need to help the Palestinians. By the way, he was a lawyer – yes “was”. On a routine visit to the Gaza Strip he was sitting in an office dealing with people who wanted his help when in burst a gang of terrorists and hacked him to death with an axe.
The moral is quite simple; moderates, people who want to help and create an environment of peace have no guarantee of safety as far as terrorists are concerned.

No comments: